Friday, May 2, 2008

Prayer Request

I just finished reading an article in the Chicago Tribune...Yesterday a young woman named Amanda was killed by a car while riding her bicycle. I did not know Amanda, but I know others who were friends with her. Amanda had attended Moody Bible Institute, and she was in the same graduating class as Scott. The scene of the accident is just over 2 miles from where I live; I've driven through this intersection numerous times.

It is such a sad thing when a young person, so full of life, loved by many, dies suddenly. I cannot fully comprehend it. I am again reminded that this world is not our home. I know Amanda is with her Heavenly Father at this moment, in Heaven with the One who created her. He is the one Amanda served and loved, and now she is with Him.

Please pray for Amanda's family, her boyfriend, her students, her friends...God is so real, and I know He will comfort, heal and love all these people who are hurting so terribly.

1 comment:

R.A. said...

Wow, that's intense baby. I'll definitely pray for her family.