Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'm usually in the middle of some intense REM by now...

This isn't like me...I usually pass out when my head hits the pillow at night (or before then, like on the couch - oh I am just like my mother in that regard). ;-) Yet for whatever reason, even after a long day of some intense work (house projects and yard work), I can't fall asleep. There are some family issues on my heart and mind, and my mind just won't settle down with other things bouncing around up there...

Before Scotty fell asleep (which isn't like him - I always beat him to REM), I told him a couple verses that have been good "anchors" for me this year. Thought I'd post them on the blog as well...

Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

This verse reminds me that I'm not living for myself. Jesus, who gave His life for me, is the One who lives through me, (by the Holy Spirit - John 14:15-21). He loved me so much, that He died in my place. Jesus, who had never sinned, became sin for me (2 Corinthians 5:21), so that I could be reconciled to God. The life I live is now for Jesus, as a way to thank Him for all He did for me.

Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

This verse is first of all prefaced by the awesome verses that remind us that we cannot earn our salvation - it is God's gift, called grace (Eph. 2:8-9)! I just have to believe in Jesus, called faith! Secondly, when I freak out about trying to figure out how to live for God, I can be confident that He already planned out how I am going to live for Him. I shouldn't worry, He knows how I can best show Him love and thanks with my life. He'll show the "works" He has for me, b/c He's already planned them all out!

There you have it. God rocks. Jesus rocks. He's got my back, He's got my future all mapped out. I just trust Him and follow His lead.

No comments: