Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ruth Family B&B - now open!

As I mentioned in the previous post, Scotty was out of town last week. I got this idea in my head that I could finish the downstairs bathroom as a surprise for Scotty. I've had this desire in the past, but this time around I actually sat down to map out each day carefully from the shopping, prep and work that needed to get done in order to stay on track to complete the project in 5 days.  This may've looked all well and good written down, but I knew I would need God's help to stay motivated!  A verse that came to my mind was Psalm 37:5, "Commit your way to the Lord." I have to say that it is only God who gave me the determination and wakefulness each night to stick with it! He gave me the able body to complete it, and the people to help me on the last day (Lisa watched Micah on Thursday as I decorated and cleaned, and our handyman came in to finish up electrical, plumbing and some misc).  Thank you, Lord!

Here's a snapshot of the bathroom Sunday night after spackle and tape.

Here's the finished project on Thursday night just before Scotty got home.

This little bathroom is just down the hallway from our bonus/guest room, so if you come and visit, we'll aim to take really good care of you! Ruth Family Bed and Breakfast has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

No comments: