Friday, April 8, 2011

God's house in Heaven

About a week ago I was talking to Micah about God's house in Heaven, that Jesus is getting ready for those who love and believe in Him.  A couple days ago I stumbled across the verses where Jesus talks about it, so I read them out loud to Micah:


John 14:1-4
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am go."


Micah was avidly listening and then replied, "He's kind to let people in His house."  That struck me.  Yes, Micah is right!  God is super kind to let people in His Heavenly home...  


Shortly after reading this to him, we headed to the dining room for breakfast.  As I was praying, he interjected in my prayer, "Thanks for making a house for us, God."  He then added, "And thanks for making us beautiful."  


What a privilege it is to witness a child's faith, and even learn from it.  


[Hmm, that's right, Jesus talks about childlike faith too! :-) Mark 10:13-16: People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them,“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.]

No comments: