Saturday, October 29, 2011

Dinosaur Ring = Marriage?

For whatever reason I can't remember, today I was talking to Micah about all the "names" for your fingers - thumb, pointer, pinky...when I got to "ring-man" I told him that was it's name because when you get married you put a ring on your finger.  He paused a moment and then said, "I have a dinosaur ring...am I married?" I told him no, and went on to explain that as a person grows up they have lots of friends, but some friends will move away.  But someday there is one very special friend you live with and never leave, and that is your spouse.  He then mused to himself, "Maybe grandma's going to be my girl."  I told him no, because Papa was already married to her.  He went on to ask, "Which grandma can be mine?" I told him neither because both were married to different grandpas.  He then sighed and said "Too bad."

2 comments:

R.A. said...

CUTE! "Am I married?"

Mommy said...

So sweet that he would have considered me as his girl!