Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Gettin' my crafty on :-)

I haven't tried to create something with my hands in awhile - too busy with the munchkins and I tend to be a simple plain Jane without much flair.  But the crafty bug has bit me and I have been having loads of fun.

Earlier this year one of my friends said she was going to learn how to knit, and she invited me to learn with her.  I decided to give it a shot - and now I am hooked!!  I've joined up with our church knitting club and have learned tons of valuable knitting tips, stitches and patterns. I felt like a "true knitter" the other day when all 3 of my needle sets had a project on them. :-) 

Multicolored dishcloth, mittens, hat with double yarn  

Joy modeling my first double-yarn hat
A couple weeks ago I dusted off the sewing machine (it had been a couple years at least) and made some car seat canopy covers for my forthcoming twin nephews, and another baby girl that was born in March.  I so enjoyed making this quick and easy project that I committed to make another one for my knitting friend who is due in July. :-) I was inspired by my childhood friend who had made one for Noah when he was born last summer (thanks a ton, Kristin!), and faithfully followed an online tutorial.

Bro-in-law's Alma Mater

Sis-in-law's favorite team

This baby girl was born into a tractor-lovin' family :-)
Though I haven't done a large or complex counted cross-stitch in a long time, I make these foot cross-stitched every now and then for new babies. 

I can't wait to meet the twins so I can stencil these two gifts with their names and DOB.
I couldn't sign-off on this post without crediting Micah who is my faithful, helping buddy. :-) He made this diaper cake with me for the twins' baby shower a couple weeks ago.  As for Joy, she watches from the sidelines, and I've caught her more than once tapping two things together and saying she's "knittin.' " :-) 


Loading the bobbin for one of the car seat canopies.

2 comments:

R.A. said...

I know what we'll all be getting for Christmas... ;)

Kristin said...

They came out great! Glad I inspired you to make your own :)