Tuesday, December 16, 2008

That was kind

Just a moment ago, the four Pomeranians started their yapping upstairs because there was someone at the door. Lisa came down to get me, and told me it was a visitor for me. Me? Are you sure? I don't know anybody yet. Must be a delivery man for a Christmas package or something.

It was actually two women from my church in the middle of their morning run, one of whom lives on the next street over. She had come with a Christmas Eve service invitation with a personalized note attached, and a bag of mocha cappuccino. They also asked if I was going to make it to women's Bible today, and had noted that they missed seeing me on Sunday.

Wow, how very thoughtful! And the truth is, I've only visited Pathway Church 2-3 times, and women's Bible study 1 time. Though Scott and I have decided that this is our new "home church," we're still new-bees! Yet, they still were so kind as to swing by to see how I was doing.

This is what it means to be in the family of God, and involved in a church that is a real community. There are loving and giving people who sincerely care about you - even if you're the new kid on the block.

That was just so kind of them.

No comments: