Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturdays with the Ruths

Today is Saturday, glorious Saturday. Scotty and I absolutely love the weekends. At the moment Scott is at the library learning PHP/MySQL, Micah's napping, and I'm enjoying some quiet to myself. I thought I'd seize this rare opportunity to update our family blog a little (believe me, I've been "meaning to" for ages)! Thought a recap and photos of our Saturday outings would be a good place to start, which will give you an overview of the life and times of the Ruths (what we call "family adventures"). :-)

February 7th:
On this crisp winter day, we hopped in the car and headed west on M-6, and then connected to another highway. We found ourselves in Saugatuck, MI, near Lake Michigan. We discovered a quaint little tourist town which was pretty quiet (probably booming with life in the peak summer season), ate a scrumptious lunch and walked around for a bit, until the "crisp" air turned too cold for us and then we headed home.



February 14th:
After about a month or so of open houses and e-mailing our Realtors, we met up face-to-face for the first time since August (when we met them while they were Scotty's parent's Realtors in their relocation to MI last summer). Neither of the two houses we saw will likely be where we call "home," but it was good to get out and see what's on the market.

It was followed up by a delicious Valentine's Day lunch at Cafe Connection - our new favorite place to eat (as you will soon find out from some of our subsequent Saturday outings)...


February 21st:
Hmm...I can't quite remember what we did on this lovely Saturday, but I'm sure it involved driving by houses we were interested in seeing, and of course, lunch at Cafe Connection.


February 28th:
Again, I can't remember all that took place on yet another great weekend, but it looks like it involved plenty of R&R.


March 7th:
This was the day after I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed, so I still had slight "Chipmunk Cheeks" and awful bad breath. I had a nice little "pharmacy" set up in my bathroom, and managed to meet up at Steak 'N Shake with some friends from Chicago who were in town (Josh and his girlfriend Mallory).

(Note: check out Josh's website - he is a personal chef in Chicago, and Scotty designed his site). :-)

The following Sunday I ate fluffy scrambled eggs made by my wonderful, caring husband.


March 14th:
The biggest thing of this Saturday was a surprise visit from our neighbor Kori and her 4-year old son, Joseph (we attend the same church). Joseph came to deliver a toy he had outgrown - his John Deer Gator. After he made sure his mom had replaced the batteries, :-) he handed it over to Micah, who immediately fell in love.



March 21st:
Last Saturday was spent super house-hunting (we saw about 8 houses with our Realtors), followed by another delicious lunch at our favorite new diner...looks like Micah's gabbing on daddy's cell phone about it. :-)


Today, Saturday, March 28th:
After last weekend Scotty and I are BURNT OUT on house-hunting, and have relinquished our intense search back over to the Lord, so today we have absolutely NO plans of seeing any houses for sale. As for Cafe Connection? Not today...Scotty's coming home from the library soon and plans on making spaghetti and meatballs - from scratch. He's been in the kitchen a lot more since I've had my wisdom teeth removed, and I must say, he is quite the chef!

2 comments:

R.A. said...

What a wonderful recap. Thanks!

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

Oh my gosh, no one tells you that your breat will be HORRIBLE when you have your wisdom teeth pulled. It was not pretty...and I was worried it was just me. So thanks for making me feel better. : )