Monday, July 13, 2009

Dune Buggy Day

For the life of me, I COULD NOT fall asleep on Saturday night (and that's not like me - I usually pass out the second my head hits the pillow). My mind was racing with all that we'd still like to get done on the house before we actually move in, and I was trying to think the projects to completion (not working). My sweet husband could tell I was having trouble falling asleep and I told him why, and he suggested maybe I'm getting the "nesting" instinct...I think he might be right about that (even though, no, I am NOT pregnant). :-) He then went on to say that we wouldn't do any work on the house the next day, but we'd have a Ruth family adventure instead (we love those)! That actually helped me ease up my working mind and fall asleep. The next morning, before church, Scotty planned out a surprise adventure, and I started getting super excited about it.

Micah snoozing on the way:


First glimpse of our family adventure - the dunes we were about to conquer:


Enjoying chocolate dipped soft serve ice cream while waiting for our reservation time on the dune buggy:


Killing more time, at a toy store:


Getting Micah some shades for the dunes:


Getting strapped in real tight:


Out on the dunes!! Micah had that poker face nearly the whole time - he was such a chill little trooper, though we hit some massive jumps and dips (he did make an occasional peep on those):


Getting ready to switch drivers (Scotty and I both had a blast at the wheel):


Back at the parking lot after 90 minutes of fun:


I must admit, I never would have seriously considered this sport as a Ruth family adventure, but it really worked out just fine! Micah was a great rider, and it was nice to steal away for a bit in one of Michigan's many places for recreational fun.

1 comment:

R.A. said...

Micah's face is CLASSIC. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!