Saturday, July 4, 2009

Homeownership, week 1

It has been a busy, but wonderful week!

We bought a house...


...and got to work fixing it up (it's a solid house, just in need of some cosmetic changes).


Our first trip over:


The first time we opened the door as our house (Scotty even carried me over the threshold, but we weren't able to document that):


Our first shopping trip to Home Depot (21 doorknobs, a few power tools and misc. supplies):


Our first visitors (Scott and Lisa, Scotty's parents):


Our first projects...(1) Installing new door knobs, and deadbolts (Luke-Man was in town)...



...(2) Peeling wall paper - galore!!! Amanda started it...I joined in...Scotty couldn't resist...Luke-Man tried it out too...and even Micah helped!



The Lord is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have helped strip wallpaper with you. Hopefully when Daddy and I come out there will be something left for us to do! Mom

Rachel said...

Bekah, this is awesome! I'm so happy for you and your new home, and thankful that I can keep up with you by reading your blog. :) Love and miss you!!

R.A. said...

Micah is SO CUTE in that last one! How exciting it all is! Wish I were there.