Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Helpful Toys

Micah likes playing with his toy automobiles - whether it be Tonka trucks, little matchbox cars or mini Hot Wheels monster trucks (from auntie Hannah). Recently he and I have let these little toys "help" or "watch" with different activities. Say he's playing with a mini monster truck and he needs to brush his teeth...I'll just tell him to bring it along to "help" by setting it on the bathroom counter while we brush his teeth.


Well the other day I told Micah mommy needed to do the dishes. He had a little monster truck in his hands, I think wanting to play with me. He instead put it on the counter to "help" me wash the dishes. This isn't unusual; as I've said before, these toys can be very helpful, whether it be while brushing teeth, cooking, doing the dishes, etc. However on this occasion, mommy was about to receive a whole lot more help. As I jumped into the task at hand, Micah kept running into the living room, getting another little trinket toy, running back into the kitchen, placing it on the counter and declaring that it was going to help as well..."airplane help mommy dishes" [run, run, run]..."spider help mommy dishes" [run, run, run]..."car help mommy dishes," etc. By the time the dishes were all placed in the dry rack, the counter top had quite the array of toys.

2 comments:

R.A. said...

Aw...miss that little dude.

Mommy said...

This is too cute! I am so jealous that Hannah gets to see him before I do!