Thursday, February 4, 2010

Swimming with the feces

I knew this day would come. However, Micah didn't know this day would come, so he was quite frightened by the whole ordeal. Let's start at the beginning...

I cut Micah's hair on Tuesday. It took me a whole year to warm up to the idea again, and for Scott to let me even get near our toddler's golden locks with the trimmers again. It went a lot better this time than the last time I attempted to be his hair stylist.

After Micah's haircut, it was definitely bath-time; his face and neck were covered with hair trimmings. I filled up the tub, and let him have extra play time while I finished cleaning up the bathroom of all the fine little boy hair on the floor, chair, counter, etc. I got carried away in detailing the bathroom, and when I noticed Micah pausing in his water playland while having a concentrated expression, I knew I was too late. He was taking care of business.

I should have had a guarded, calm response, but instead I shrieked something like, "Oh no, Micah!!" When he glanced down and saw little brown logs bobbing around him, he just freaked out. As they came near to touching him, he just lost it. He starting panicking and crying, and clamored out of the tub as quickly as possible.

I calmed him down, let the tub drain, scooped out the you-know-what (not fun), washed the tub, filled 'er up again, and washed the little bobber making boy.

I know this incident made quite the impression on him, because the first thing out of his mouth after nap that day was, "poop in bath," and he told auntie Rachel the story when we spoke on the phone later that day.

No comments: