Thursday, September 2, 2010

Smorgasbord of pics and tales

I wasn't as camera happy this week, and the week also flew by without me getting so much as 1 new post up - sorry grandmas! :-) I shuffled through my few photos of the week and thought I'd make a smorgasbord kinda post...

The other morning, I was finishing getting ready for the day while Micah played in his room. I could hear him singing one of the hymns from BSF last year, "Holy, Holy, Holy." I thought it was so sweet, and it just blessed my heart. I'm sure God enjoyed being sung to by a precious child. I pictured Micah sitting in his room playing amiably. However, I walked in to find him taking stuffing out of the back of his stuffed elephant!! I did a quick re-stuff and stitch shortly thereafter...


I've just been thrilled with the summer of fresh fruit we've had - strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, cherries, etc (much grown right here and bought at u-pick places, local farmer's markets and orchards). One of my favorite places (esp. for apples in the fall) is Moelker's Orchard. I picked up a peck of peaches last week and made and canned some sugar-free peach preserves on Saturday. (Also pictured are sugar-free strawberry preserves I made and canned earlier this summer).

Micah and I both got haircuts this week. I tried to get a picture of both of us, but this is the best I could do...he refused to look at the camera and say, "cheese."

Micah and I were walking in the Honda dealership service dept. today, and had to wear safety glasses. There Micah is sporting some goggles and munching on the dealership's complimentary popcorn. I think he'd fit right in at Papa Sovilla's machine shop.

There's my sweetie, hard at work after hours, in addition to his full-time job at MinistrySync. He's been faithful in the evenings and on the weekends to work on learning the languages for iPhone App Development and Programming. He's an inspiration to me - I'd be in tears by now and let someone else learn the coding and language...check out his blog if you're interested in reading about his journey!

1 comment:

R.A. said...

So love the haircut, but the story about Micah singing while ripping the stuffing out of his elephant is like something out of a horror film.