Sunday, June 5, 2011

Meeting an author

Yesterday Micah, Joy and I headed to a bookstore to meet Mike Berenstain, the co-author of the more recent Berenstain Bears books. I told Scotty that morning that I was giddy...silly me, I think I was going to the book signing more for me than for Micah. I mean, I grew up with the Berenstain Bears! (Who didn't)?





As I was thinking about authors, it made me think what it will be like to meet the authors of the Bible when we're in Heaven together...chatting with Moses about the first 5 books of the Bible, or Paul and all the letters he wrote to churches. I know these men really "co-authored" :-) God's word by His Holy Spirit;* the ultimate will be meeting the "Author" of my faith, Jesus!** It's great to know Him now through prayer and His Word, but to meet Him in person will be incredible.

*2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
**Hebrews 12:2

1 comment:

R.A. said...

How cool! You said he's the author of the recent Berenstein Bear books? Is there an older author?