Saturday, September 24, 2011

Our Second Komen Walk!

Today the kiddos and I walked in the Komen Walk/Run.  We only attempted the 1 mile non-competitive walk - maybe one of these years I'll do the 5k... So many creative shirts throughout the day to bring about breast cancer awareness - here are a couple that made me chuckle: "Big or Small, We Love Them All." "Save Second Base." Once again, it was a morning filled with energy and emotion.  To walk beside someone and see that they had a "Survivor" shirt on made me wonder how their journey through cancer had been, and I was able to silently rejoice with God's healing of their body.  Catching glimpses of signs pinned on people's shirts that said "In Memory Of" a wife, friend, aunt, mother, etc made me feel the sting of death as I am saddened by the loss that they have experienced.









No comments: