Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Walking for a friend.

Last year Micah and I (and Joy, in utero) :-) participated in our first Komen Walk for the Cure.  Leading up to the event, I was able to reflect on how breast cancer has affected people I have known throughout my life.  I have a praise report about Scotty's cousin Melissa: she is cancer-free!!  Thank you, Lord!  I also have a prayer request for my friend from Bible Study, Ellen.  She is still battling cancer. 

This year I walk for her.  


If you want to donate, here's the really long link to my page :-) http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/GRR_WestMichiganAffiliate?px=9089482&pg=personal&fr_id=2147

Good little tid-bit to know where the donations go:
-A minimum of 25% of the net income from each domestic Affiliate Race supports the Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grant Programs, which fund groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational and scientific conferences around the world.
-Up to 75% of the net income from each domestic Affiliate Race stays in the local community to fund breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment projects.

No comments: