Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Baby Martaz

Tonight Micah and I went to the hospital to meet Martaz Wilson who was born just two days ago. Martaz was born to Tezo and Diamond (she is my next door neighbor). It was such an interesting experience for me to step onto the postpartum floor of the hospital. So many memories of my own experience of the first few days of motherhood, just 6 months ago, flooded my mind.

I got to hold Martaz (nicknamed Tezo just like his dad). Though Micah was that little only a few months back, holding a newborn feels so different to me now. It's like I've forgotten how to be normal with a baby that size. I had to remember to support his head, hold him close, be gentle with him...

What a blessing to be able to meet Baby Martaz tonight...and see Diamond again, the glowing new mom!

No comments: