Thursday, March 20, 2008

Micah's new ride

Over the last month or so, whenever I picked Micah up in the car seat, I felt like I was weightlifting. Carrying his 18 lbs, plus the weight of the car seat was my work-out for the day whenever we ran errands.

Micah was reaching the maximum height limit (his feet were already hanging over the edge), and was only about 4 lbs away from the weight maximum for the car seat. So, this weekend he upgraded! Scotty and I spent who knows how long in the baby section of Toys 'R Us, examining every car seat model, comparing prices, reading the specs...we finally made a decision and Micah finally has a "new ride" - a big boy car seat. He seems to like it - especially the bar in front that he can touch or pound on.

Unlike his infant car seat, this new car seat stays docked in the car. Now all I have to carry around is Micah's 18 lbs.

No comments: