Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vacation, day 1

Right now I'm accessing the wonderful "wi-fi" at the hotel we stopped at in Iowa in the wee hours of the morning (after trying about 3 other places unsuccessfully, this place had just discovered, 5 minutes before we showed up, that they had 1 room left...God is good)! That's right, our family vacation officially commenced last night, June 16th at 7:30 p.m. We opted to leave for NE after Scotty's day of work and around Micah's bedtime, so we wouldn't have to do the whole 10-11 hour trek in one day.

We got about 5 hours under our belt, but Micah only got about 1 our of sleep...that's right, he was wide-eyed and awake until sometime between 11:18-11:30 p.m. He was great in the backseat, but just too curious and alert to think about sleeping (lots of rain, cars, and construction sites along the highway)! When we rolled into the hotel around 12:30 a.m., he still didn't fall asleep for about another hour after that...to top it off, I could hear him from his pack-in-play this morning calling out "mommy, mooommmy" around 7:15 a.m. Honestly, he has been a GREAT traveler; though he is on the path to sleep deprivation, he has such a good attitude! He is LOVIN' all the adventure.

Well, we gotta hit the road again soon, but I just had to get some photos up of the beginnings of the Ruth family adventure!!

Heading out from MI last night:


Playing with one of his never before seen "travel toys" to keep him occupied (thanks to numerous "free" boxes at garage sales):


Around 1:00 a.m. in our hotel for the night - his first time as a "big boy" in a hotel:


This morning, sporting his trendy new sunglasses:

2 comments:

Angie said...

Have a fun trip!

If you like free stuff, you might want to try out freecycle.org. I joined my local group and thought I'd ask for a sewing machine. I don't have one, but I'd like one. I received two e-mails within hours offering me free used sewing machines. In a few days I've seen people offering clothes, furniture, electronics - all kinds of things. The idea is give stuff away to people who can use it rather than throwing it away. Erin told me about it, and so far I think it's a great find!

R.A. said...

Like the glasses. So cute!