Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Micah's Apron

Awhile back I picked up "My Apron" by Eric Carle at the library (I've liked Carle's books since I was a kid). Micah enjoyed this book with its bright pictures, easy concepts to grasp, and few words. He also liked connecting the book with the apron he wears when he helps me wash the dishes, which is just mine all bunched up (see photo). :-)

Since then, I've wanted to get Micah an apron that is his size. The opportunity to get him one came in a different way than I had expected. I made him one! See, my sweet husband Scotty surprised me with a sewing machine on Christmas, and after the shock of having received one, I knew what I wanted my first project to be - a kid-sized apron. So we headed to JoAnn's the day after Christmas, bought some fabric, thread and tools, and Scotty and I got to work making our own pattern, modeled after my apron. I took over at the sewing machine, and here are the results (I'm still hoping to put in a pocket and clasp for the neck ties):

Making our pattern:


Micah modeling:


The back:

2 comments:

R.A. said...

That looks really good! You did a great job!

Also, in the pic where he's wearing your apron he looks like a shepherd boy. =)

Mommy said...

Good job!