Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Clarificatoin: God is good, regardless of my house.

I recently wrote a post on the first week in our house. I later wrote a post about a passage I had read in John during my study at BSF. I wanted to clarify that God is so very, very good, whether or not He gave me a house or healed a lame man in Bible times.

I just wanted to be clear in saying that I do not want to "elevate gifts above Giver" - I thank God for my house, but I am so much more thankful that He has gifted me with eternal life with Him through faith in His Son! Just knowing God is so much better than anything on earth!! And, if some day I lose my home, God is still God and so very good.

Psalm 73: 25-26, 28
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.


These thoughts on my previous two posts were stirred up within me as I watched this clip on the "health and wealth" gospel, and I wanted to be sure to let you all know that I don't advocate it, and it is definitely no gospel at all. In other words, belief in God is not some magic potion in which I will now receive a plethora of material blessings on earth - that's not gospel. Though I do thank Him for anything He allows to place in my life (like my new house). :-)



Note: The little girl part appeared to me to be like a morbid random example, but it was actually something that happened, as said in this version:

1 comment:

R.A. said...

Oh Bekah, the last thing anyone would think of you being would be ungrateful.