Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Micah's New Love

On Sunday morning I went out for a run (more like a walk/jog/pant session). I was making my last turn to head home when I saw some toddler toys at the end of someone's lawn that were up for grabs. I picked up a little plastic tricycle, thinking that Micah might like to try it out. I had no idea what happiness this little plastic freebie would bring to my son.

The first day he tried it out, he was in a love/hate relationship. He loved it when he could get some good pedaling in, and hated it when it got stuck and couldn't get it to move anymore. Yet he was up for the challenge and even said, "no thank you, mom" when I tried to help him along. By the end of that afternoon of play, he really got the pedaling down.

We took a couple walks after work on Monday and Tuesday, with Micah pedaling alongside. He had a meltdown when he had to get off his bike. Wow, this kid was really falling in love.

Today (Wednesday), Scotty had the idea to go to a nearby trail in which Micah could ride better on a level path. Micah thoroughly enjoyed himself. He nearly burst into tears again when we were about to load up the car with the bike and ourselves, but he composed himself (when we told him to). :-)

Wow, Micah has really become emotionally attached to this thing! Ask him about his bike sometime, and he'll tell you all about it.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Can we say "too cute"?!

R.A. said...

CUTE PICTURES!!! Ah man, I remember loving those types of bikes, too. I remember the process of getting to big for them, and I HATED it.