Monday, April 26, 2010

Reader's Digest

My mom has boxes and boxes of Reader's Digest magazines. Growing up, I can remember her collecting these, getting them in the mail every month. I think she one day wanted to start a library with them (is that right, mom)? I always enjoyed reading "Laugh," "Life," and "Off Base" as well as the 2-3 pagers on real-life survival and hero stories.

It has been a long time since I've picked up and perused one of these little magazines laying on my mom's coffee table. However, this month, I actually bought a copy of my own...

In May 2010's issue, Scotty's cousin (Cameron Aulner) is featured in one of the "hero" stories! I can remember hearing this story and watching news clips about this true story when Cameron stopped a little girl's assailant. To get all the details, watch the clips below, read an on-line article, or just throw a copy of Reader's Digest in your shopping cart next time you're at Target. At least you can pick up a copy somewhere (say, my mom's coffee table?) and read pages 35-36...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi92cCIOCls


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI1LSGgi4D8

1 comment:

R.A. said...

We should hook Hannah up with THIS guy. I'm just saying...