Saturday, April 17, 2010

Shorts can be perplexing to a 2-yr old in Michigan

We've had some unusually warm, but very nice, weather here in Michigan. A couple days of 70+ (with the next day being 40-50 degrees again...that's okay, we Michiganders will take what we can get). :-) With the warmer weather comes a new wardrobe too - I've been seeing more people in shorts and short-sleeves. This isn't new to me, but Micah, on the other hand, is trying to wrap his mind around the concept of "shorts" (I don't think he remembers them from last summer).

The other day Micah got some hand-me-downs (thanks, Pam). He had a fun afternoon of taking the clothes and shoes out, trying on many of the new pieces. He got a pair of shorts on, then glanced down at his bare-skinned shins, a little confused. He stated, "pants broke," thinking that this piece of denim really should go all the way down to his socked feet to be a proper pair of pants.

Micah had another experience with a pair of shorts while I was baby-sitting a couple of days ago. Micah, Joseph (the kid I was watching) and I took a walk down the street to a friend's house. It was a warm day, so Joseph had a pair of shorts on. He dashed ahead of us, and then Micah had an epiphany. Micah watched Joseph run and then shouted, "Joseph has legs!!"

1 comment:

Diana said...

HAHA!!! Joseph has legs! That was epic! :)