Saturday, August 14, 2010

Banana-Apple "Cookies" (sugar free)

Yesterday Micah and I whipped up some "cookies" that one can feel good about eating! Nothing but fruit and oats, but still helps with that sweet tooth:

3 ripe bananas
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup apples, chopped
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, apples, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix well, and allow to sit for 15 minutes (up to you whether you want to wait that long). Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown.


[Recipe based off of the one found here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Healthy-Banana-Cookies/Detail.aspx]

3 comments:

Mommy said...

We'll have to try these for Lilly...I don't see anything in the recipe that she can't have.

R.A. said...

Thanks for passing this recipe on. You need to post a picture of the finished product!

Rachel said...

Bekah, I just made banana bread and still had bananas left over, so I tried this recipe! I didn't have any apples, so I just increased the applesauce to 1/2 cup, and I baked it pan-style so it would make bars instead of cookies. Yum!!