Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Red Wings


Micah has a kid's Bible that we try to read out of every morning. The story of Jesus going up to Heaven isn't new to Micah, but it struck him in a new way today...

After hearing the account of Jesus' ascension and looking at the photo closer, Micah began to wonder if Jesus could fly. I told Him that Jesus was taken up into Heaven. I reminded him that Elijah had been taken up to Heaven too, with a chariot and horses (another illustrated story in His Bible). Jesus was lifted up and then a cloud hid Him. I told him I didn't really think either of them were "flying."

After mulling it over longer, Micah came to his conclusion. He said emphatically, "Jesus flies. The red scarf is His wings."

You know what? Maybe he's right; I could be the one who's wrong here...

No comments: