Friday, December 28, 2007

10,000 miles in 2 months!

Scott, Bekah and Micah Ruth have been quite the travelers over the past 2 months!! For the months of September and October we had many visitors in our humble abode, due to Micah's birth (grandma Jenette, grandma Lisa, auntie Amanda, church and personal friends)...Then came the holiday months and we packed our bags and headed out! Here are our miles and highlights...

1,000 miles - Omaha, NE
In mid-October we took a road-trip to see Scotty's parents. The purpose of the trip was to surprise grandpa Scott, who had yet to meet his grandson. Mission accomplished, grandpa was VERY surprised (see October entry, "Hi, Grandpa!")

4,000 miles - La Habra, CA
My sister Elizabeth got married to Gregory Luke-Jamie Haskins on November 10, 2007. Micah and I were able to fly out November 4 and spend the whole week with my sisters, parents and close friends. WHAT A BLESSING!! Scott and I had not been to CA since early February (when we announced Micah's forthcoming arrival), so this trip to see my family was such a gift from the Lord and a refresher for my heart. While there, my sisters and I had our traditional "sister overnighter" (what we do before any of us gets married) at a nice hotel by the beach - what a FUN time we had! My mom threw Micah and I a baby shower, which was a GREAT time to see old friends. Scott flew in Thursday (the 8th), which was a surprise to my sister Elizabeth. Greg and Elizabeth's wedding was an incredible day to witness their new union. I was also able to see many of my close family and friends, which I hadn't seen since my own wedding - it was a wonderful to catch up with them. And Scott and I were able to meet our only niece, Anne, for the first time. What an encouraging trip. (See photo album, "CA Visit - Nov. '07")

1,000 miles - Omaha, NE
We got in our good ole faithful Mr. Car again bright and early on Thanksgiving Day (4:00 a.m.) to spend the weekend with Scott and Lisa. Scotty's best friend, Luke Patin, also joined us for the road-trip and the holiday, which made the trip and festivities even more fun. I enjoyed cooking the Thanksgiving meal with Lisa, and Scott and I had some good times to relax, catch up with mom and dad Ruth, and enjoy Luke's friendship with our family. (See photo album, "Thanksgiving in NE, 07")

4,000 miles - La Habra, CA
On Wednesday, December 19, Scott and I loaded our son onto his 3rd airplane flight in his 3 months of life...We were heading to CA for Christmas! Mom and dad Sovilla knew we were coming (as did Elizabeth and Greg), but the rest of my sisters had no idea! Boy, did we surprise them (do you see how we have a trend for surprises)?? We enjoyed seeing our niece, Anne, and Micah interact again - babies are fascinated by other babies. Micah had grown so much since we had been there in November - you honestly couldn't tell that they were 6 months apart! We had a wonderful time with family for Christmas. (Photo album coming soon).

God is so very good to us. We thank Him for the safety in our travels. We praise Him for His goodness to us, and our incredible families (and friends). Hope you were blessed during the holiday season!

Feel free to come to Chicago anytime...we like surprises...

1 comment:

R.A. said...

WOW! Weird to hear Mom referred to as "Grandma Jenette"