Thursday, January 3, 2008

Free at last!

Micah loves getting his diaper changed - and I mean loves it. He'll start kicking his feet and smiling like crazy. I once read on-line that babies around Micah's age get excited when they sense something familiar is about to take place (like a bath, diaper change, bottle)...

So either Micah gets really excited when his diaper is changed because it's 'familiar' or maybe he just feels as though he's free at last (I mean come on, he didn't experience diapers in the womb for 9 whole months)! Whatever the reasoning, it is fun to see him get so happy on the changing table. I'm afraid he's going to bruise his foot one of these days though - he has kicked the wall while flailing before. :-)

Getting his diaper changed isn't all that makes him happy - he loves it when his clothes are taken off and put back on again. For example...Scott was teaching me something on the computer the other day and Micah was getting real fussy in my lap. There was only a couple minutes left of training, so Scott kept teaching and I kept listening while I thought of ways to keep Micah sane for just a bit longer. And what do you think that was? Taking his clothes off. By the time it was all said and done, Scott had successfully taught me a thing or two on the computer...and Micah was sitting in my lap smiling with only a diaper and socks on, with his clothes in a heap on the desk in front of me.

1 comment:

R.A. said...

O Little Naked Micah,
How like your Auntie Rachel you are
Enjoying the freedom of wearing
Only
What God has provided