Friday, January 18, 2008

Flat soda

I tend to be a procrastinator, whereas Scott lives by the rule that there's "no time like the present" to do what needs to be done.

It was late last night, just before we were going to head to bed, and I mentioned some things I have been needing to get done for a while, that I had hoped to do over this coming weekend. I told him that in general it's been helping me to think that there's "no time like the present" when I see or remember little things to do throughout my day. Just do it and get it done, instead of letting it linger and remind me that it needs to get done every single time I see it again.

Anyway, I opened the fridge after our little conversation and saw sodas on the bottom shelf in the way back that have been there since New Year's Eve. With the "no time like the present" conversation fresh on my mind I decided this was the moment to finally pour out the flat soda which was over two weeks old. I attempted to open the 2 liters but to no avail. There was still so much carbonated pressure (I'm not a scientist, so I don't know the exact reasonings) :-) that I could not get it open. I handed it to Scott, and he in turn reached for our bread knife. Why not have a little fun disposing of this flat soda?

Scott started sawing at the Squirt bottle. No problem. He cut it open and poured it out in the sink. Then he reached for the Dr. Pepper bottle. This bottle was a bit fuller...Scott began to saw into it and the soda started spritzing all over the place! By the time it was all said and done, the dirty dishes sitting in the sink (no, I'm not an immaculate house keeper...) had been anointed with carbonated sugar water, and the wall behind it made it look as though it had rained Dr. Pepper in our kitchen.

Needless to say, Scott was a little more careful sawing open the Cherry Coca-Cola bottle...

No comments: