Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tax Day TEA party.

Scotty and I took Micah to his first rally last Wednesday - the Grand Rapids TEA (Taxed Enough Already) party. It was fun...and inspiring. :-)

Total turn out was about 2,000


Protest took place in front of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum


Rally boy


He was using a hockey stick for the pole :-)


This fact still shocks me, and bothers me


The Ruth family at the peaceful protest :-)


Micah wearing a sticker with the following statements:
Common Sense
1. To preserve the economic future for our children.
2. To work for a return to the principles of our governing constitution.
3. To demand limited government.
4. To promote the free market that made our country the leader of the world.
5. To give support for individual property rights.
6. To provide a platform for giving like minded people a voice.



I was displeased to find out that much of the mainstream media presented protesters as angry, silly, purely right-wing conservatives, fueled by Fox news, and many other false assumptions. No, we're just people who are taking a stand against out of control government spending. Here's a statement about the TEA parties that I can agree with: http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/24073/

1 comment:

R.A. said...

I'm really proud of you for doing that. I love you, darling.