Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The 5th Puppy

I have been dog-sitting for my in-laws the past few days (they're on vacation). It's not quite like my Rex experience, because these dogs live in the same house that I currently do, so I don't have to actually go anywhere to take care of them...

Micah just loves these dogs; he's lived with and antagonized them since we moved here in November. Sometimes I even call Micah the "5th puppy." Shortly after we moved here, sometimes he would even "bark" when the dogs did, and he absolutely loves it when they lick his fingers, toes, whatever.

Now, even though Micah is super close with these dogs, I'm trying to teach him that he can't share everything with them...he's been scolded on more than 1 occasion for feeding them his crackers. This afternoon I was sitting at the dining room table reading a book while he sat across from me munching on some goldfish crackers.

A moment later I could hear Micah under the table with all 4 dogs. They were being unusually quite. I peeked under the table to find Micah feeding them all goldfish crackers one by one. I couldn't scold him this time - it was too dang cute (see video below):


I was also able to catch him naming the dogs on tape. When we first moved here I don't think Micah could tell them all apart (I couldn't either when I first met them when I was dating Scotty), but there is no question about it now - he definitely knows who is who in this pack of pups:


(To Facebook users: to see video clips, click on "View Original Post," which will take you to our web-site) :-)

No comments: