Wednesday, November 4, 2009

California Vacation, II (August 26th-31st, 2009)

Once again, though I took hundreds of photos during this CA visit (I'm usually camera happy when I go), these 30+ photos will have to do. This is the trip to CA that I've wanted to go on for over a year, back when I found out that my childhood best friend's wedding was going to be that weekend (after 4 years of engagement, this was indeed going to be a long anticipated celebration)!! Scotty and I didn't think we could wing it financially, but on Mother's Day he surprised me with a round trip ticket to CA for Beth's wedding. I was overjoyed! So bright and early Wednesday morning, August 26th, Micah and I began our 10 or so hour day of travel to get to CA. He was a super good traveler, and I was SO thankful for that.

I not only got to attend Beth's wedding in CA, but celebrate with my sister Hannah at her 21st birthday pool party at my parent's house. Good times, great memories. Micah, as always, loved the time with his cousins (Anne and Lillyann), and all the food he got to eat. :-) I loved being with my parents and sisters for a few days.

Then the following Monday he and I headed back to MI, Micah as a last time free "lap-child" flyer (he was going to be 2 years old the next week), totaling 18 flights! And again, I was so thankful for the empty seat God always gave beside me on the airplane, so that Micah actually had a seat of his own, though he should've been on my lap the whole time. Much appreciated, God, my lap is thankful to have not had 30 lbs on me for hours. :-)

California Vacation, II (August 26th-31st, 2009)

1 comment:

R.A. said...

18 flights! CRAZY!