Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tubby, our backyard squirrel

We have some very, um, how would you say it?..."healthy" squirrels in our neighborhood. Living in an area with so many trees means there are just so many acorns to feast on. The squirrels are nearly gluttonous! I have NEVER seen such chunky little squirrels in my life. There is one in particular that frequents our backyard which I have named "Tubby." Though it's hard to capture active little critters on camera, here are the best shots I could get:









2 comments:

R.A. said...

Fun times, as long as they don't get in the house!

Rachel said...

OK, so here's the science teacher in me coming out. I'm pretty sure the squirrels are getting fat because they have to store up extra energy for the winter time, when they will go into hibernation and food will be scarce. However, I'm told that tree squirrels don't hibernate, but I don't know the difference between tree squirrels and ground squirrels. Either way, those are some healthy squirrels!!