Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Auntie Julie"

Jules is a good friend. We met at college. She was the candlelighter in my wedding, and I was a pregnant bridesmaid in hers. Since college graduation and marriage, we've only seen each other about half a dozen times, but each time has been wonderful. Conversing with Julie is refreshing - she's just one of those friends where you can pick up where you left off, talk about anything and everything under the sun, have a good laugh, or sometimes a good cry together.

Julie happened to be an hour away in Michigan for the weekend, so she drove out to see me (yay)! I hadn't seen her since her birthday in March. We enjoyed lunch at Panera Bread (thanks for the gift card for Christmas, Scott and Lisa!), and then came back home and just talked and talked and talked...Micah really enjoyed playing with her too. By the end of the day, he was reaching for her to pick him up; I think that means we can call her "Auntie Julie." :-)

No comments: