Thursday, January 15, 2009

Denty 3

This post is dedicated to my sister Hannah...


I received the name "Denty 1" and my sister Hannah received the name "Denty 2" back when we were children...

Growing up, our front bedroom consisted of two sets of bunk-beds, with a dresser in the middle (with pointy corners), where four of us slept. One night when my sisters and I were going to bed, I was goofing off from the bottom bunk by standing up and peeking over the edge of the top bunk where one of my sisters was, and dropping back down again real quick. During one of these stand-and-drop routines, I knocked my head on the corner of the dresser and started bleeding - real bad.

I dinged my head up pretty good - with a nice sized gash that wouldn't stop gushing. My parents made a makeshift butterfly band-aid and then sent me off to bed.

Shortly after that incident, I woke up in the middle of the night to find my sister Hannah on the floor. Goofy thing had rolled off the top bunk in her sleep. She looked up at me and wiped her face, smearing blood across her forehead. Ahh! She had knocked her head on that pointy dresser too. I quickly took her to mom and dad, and they bandaged her up real good (I think by this time we had invested in actual butterfly band-aids).

Soon after that, I was known as "Denty 1" and Hannah was known as "Denty 2."

A couple nights ago Micah did a face-plant into the back of his chair. When he woke up the next morning, I saw the real damage - a scabbed over gash across his forward. And it was then that I knew, he was Denty 3 (though he didn't have to endure a butterfly band-aid).

No comments: