Sunday, May 29, 2011

Our 3 wonderful house guests

The Ruth Family Bed & Breakfast was open for 9 days over the wedding week, and we are so thankful for our amazing guests that stayed with us. :-) I have to confess that the second "B" (breakfast) wasn't very good this time around...I hardly cooked a thing while they were here!

Our first guest arrived from California midday Monday, and stayed through the following Sunday. While Auntie Rachel was here, I got some quality sister time in (tons of chats, a bus trip to the mall to see "Soul Surfer," shopping and helping plan DeeDee's bachelorette party, chilling out with the kiddos, etc). I hadn't seen her for a whole year when I had gone out for her graduation, so we relished every minute together. She was even here when our two front oaks were taken out (that will probably be an upcoming post).


Our second guest arrived from California close to midnight on Wednesday, after a 2-hour delay in Colorado, and stayed through Sunday as well. Mom visits are always most welcome! She was an amazing help...I committed to take a meal to a neighbor who broke her leg, but she cooked it for me so Rachel and I could see the movie. Additionally, I passed over the kids and the van keys on the day of the wedding so Scotty and I were able to fully enjoy being in the bridal party (pics, limo ride, sitting at the head table, etc).

Our third guest drove into town from Ohio late on Friday night, just before Brad and DeeDee's big day, and stayed through Tuesday. "Uncle" Luke is always a joy to have around - Micah specifically had fun being a "sack of potatoes" that Luke would haul around. He also treated us to a delicious homemade meal before leaving (chicken, broccoli and pineapple stir-fry over brown rice).


If you're in the area, stop on by our B&B! :-)