Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apple this and apple that...

After yesterday's family adventure at the Apple Holler in WI, Scott and I had our work cut out for us trying to cook/use all these apples in something! After much recipe finding, apple washing and peeling, ingredient buying, we began cooking...


The end product? Apple Butter, Apple Pie and Apple Crisp. Scott honestly did most of it - and he did an incredible job. He peeled nearly all the apples we used, and made the Apple Pie and Apple Butter all on his own. As for me? I took pictures to document, whipped up the easiest recipe (Apple Crisp), and enjoyed the wonderful aroma that filled our home! After using up nearly 30 apples, we still have about 50 more...1/2 a bushel is a lot...anybody want some?

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'd take some, but I think it might be too great a challenge to get them to me ;). You can make your own apple sauce, too, which is always one of my favorite ways to use apples!