Saturday, October 18, 2008

Summer Snapshot 1: CA in May/June

All right folks, I've promised more than once to write some posts recapping the summer adventures of the Ruth family. Whether or not you're interested in reading about our many travels, I want to get it out in journal format so I can look back on it years down the road and remember all the wonderful things in Micah's first summer!

After a nice trip from G'pa and G'ma Ruth (Scotty's parents) in May, Micah and I caught a plane to CA to go to Auntie Diana's high school graduation. Wow, my "baby sister" is well on her way to adulthood.

I hadn't been out to CA since our Christmas trip, so it was nice to be on west coast soil again. I saw familiar sites, and was able to meet with some dearly missed friends and family (a bridal shower, a walk to the grocery store with Micah's great grandma, a get together here and there, Diana's graduation)...God was so very good to allow me this trip out to my hometown. Here are some snapshots of just a few people I love!

Good friend Heather Whelan (wrote secret admirer notes to my crush in Jr. High, went to Romania together in High School, good memories):
Beth and Jennifer (homeschooled together, we were "The 3 Musketeers," love these girls):
Diana got her license (I was glad to be one of the first to know):
Greg and Biz (ate a delicious meal made by my one and only brother-in-law, incredible strawberry syrup):
Marianne Dudley, now Cota (went to WHBC youth group together, so glad to celebrate her upcoming marriage with her):
Diana (playing piano at her graduation):
Mike and Lynda Gunderson (dear to my heart - they are so loving and such servants):
Grandma Lois, mom, me, Micah (4 generations photo):
Megan Dods (good college friend of Scott's and mine from Moody Bible Institute):
Lena Hernandez (a dear friend to me from WHBC, like another grandma):
Amber Cummings (a good friend of mine from Moody):
The cousins Anne and Micah (who had a GREAT time together all week long):

No comments: