Thursday, October 30, 2008

Farewell to MOPS - Lakeview

For the past couple months I've been attending a MOPS group on the North side of the city. I knew I would be leaving Chicago soon, but I didn't want to hold off completely from relationships and opportunities for Micah to play with other kids. Though I didn't get to know many of the moms that well, I enjoyed meetings with them in September and October. They also sent me away with such a warm good-bye (a card, gift and prayer). Below are a few shots of our morning.

A very distraught Micah on his way to our last MOPS-Lakeview meeting. :-(

A common scene in Chicago - construction workers on train tracks, graffiti and billboards.

Lucy (left) and Brenda (right), the two women who led MOPPETS (kids care) so well.

If any of you Chicago moms are available the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month, I'd recommend attending this MOPS group. You can visit their blog for more info.

No comments: